Cardano Is Set To Provide Tools for Developers, End Users, Businesses to Execute Smart Contracts
AI Trading

Cardano (ADA), the emerging smart contract platform, started a joining to the full decentralization of its network in July 2020, following the integration of Shelley from testnet to mainnet.

Since the official launch of Shelley, Cardano has undergone phases of development. On 1st March 2021, Cardano advanced into multi-asset era following the successful Mary hard fork.

Read Also: Charles Hoskinson: We Are Working with Major Consultancy to Run an Entire Country’s Backend on Cardano

On 4th March 2021, IOG, the software firm behind Cardano development, announced that the network has started counting down to full decentralization, which is expected to play out on 31st March 2021.

AI Trading

According to the report, at the end of March, Cardano will see D, the parameter that governs what percentage of transactions are processed by the genesis nodes, reach 0.

This attainment will make the responsibility for block generation become fully decentralized. This also implies that Cardano’s network of over 1800 community pools will be solely responsible for producing blocks, the report added.

The report also pointed out that D was set to an initial 1.0 when Shelley was deployed in late-July 2020. This means that every block was produced by IOG’s network of federated nodes, but things will change as slated for 31st March when D reaches 0.

Read Also: Cardano’s Charles Hoskinson Marks Five Year Anniversary of IOHK

Cardano Now 90% Decentralized

The point that Cardano is now 90% decentralized implies that of all new blocks being created, 90% of them are made by stake pool operators and that the remaining 10% is being created by federated pools of the software firm IOG.

Cardano (ADA) Is Now 90% Decentralized. 100% Comes In a Matter of Days. What Does This Mean?
Courtesy of Cardano Reddit

As aforementioned, as soon as the D parameter reaches 0, there will be a confirmation that all new blocks are made by stake pool operators, which is an indication that Cardano is 100% decentralized.

Read Also: Dubai-Based FD7 Ventures Manager Explains Why He Sold $750M in BTC for Cardano and Polkadot

The increase in decentralized stake pools indicates that more pools are creating new blocks and have the capability to share staking rewards with the users that delegated their ADA to them.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, and Download Our Android App

AI Trading produces top quality content for crypto companies. We provide brand exposure for hundreds of companies. All of our clients appreciate our services. If you have any questions you may contact us. Cryptocurrencies and Digital tokens are highly volatile, conduct your own research before making any investment decisions. Some of the posts on this website are guest posts or paid posts that are not written by our authors and the views expressed in them do not reflect the views of this website. Herald Sheets is not responsible for the content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or any other content posted on the site. Read full terms and conditions / disclaimer.

Tobi Loba

By Tobi Loba

Tobi-Loba is a creative and an award-winning writer with over 5 million readers from all over the world. She has B.A in English and Literature from a reputable University and currently studying for her M.A in the same field. She recently became a contributor at Herald Sheets in order to satisfy her thirst in reporting crypto and blockchain occurrences, the interest she built over the years.