In the latest job listing, Ripple summaries its ground plan to spread to new regions and develop tools that are capable of monitoring market movements and liquidity:
“Ripple is growing and we are looking for a Quantitative Developer to help build tools to monitor market activity and liquidity for XRP as we scale our payment products in new markets around the world.”
According to the job listing, the successful candidate would work alongside Ripple’s Institutional Markets team to utilize data and gain in-depth understanding of the foreign exchange and cryptocurrency markets.
The successful candidate will also partner with Ripple’s engineers and data scientists to build an excellent data system:
“You’ll partner with our Institutional Markets team to help Ripple understand the dynamics of FX + crypto markets based on data. Ripple’s vision of an Internet of Value requires efficient global payments settlement, and XRP liquidity is a core component of making that vision a reality.”
The major purpose of the candidate are outlined by Ripple as follows:
- Build analytical tools and applications to analyze market risk, track liquidity metrics, and monitor market moves in real-time
- Own the platform and vision for supporting both targeted quantitative research and automated reporting
- Explore novel datasets and technologies to support markets research
- Collaborate with data and markets teammates on machine learning approaches for modeling market dynamics
- Collaborate with Ripple engineers and data scientists to build a world-class data platform
Ripple’s intention To Expand the Use of XRP
A couple of days ago, the SVP of customer success at Ripple, Marcus Treacher, hinted at Ripple’s plan to launch a new XRP-based On-Demand Liquidity (ODL) corridors in the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa.
Marcus Treacher said:
“We have established On-Demand Liquidity corridors into Mexico, the Philippines, Australia, and Europe, and we’re hoping to further this expansion by opening corridors to APAC and EMEA this year.”